Type written application submitted via the application link by 11:59 pm on March 22, 2019. A recommendation letter from a sponsoring member of Mu Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated must accompany any application from a student not attending a Fort Bend ISD, Stafford Municipal School District or Lamar Consolidated ISD school. Mailed or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please provide a detailed statement of your community service involvement while in high school, including the number of earned hours (church, non-profits, schools, hospitals, etc.). Documentation must be provided.
Attach a brief essay (minimum of at least 300 words but not to exceed more than 500 words) on ONE of the following topics submitted via the application link by March 22, 2019.
1) Do you believe states should require standardized testing such as STARR as a graduation requirement? If so, tell us why. If not, what do you believe is a better solution to assess student achievement and college readiness?
2) Vaccines for preventable diseases is currently a hot topic. Do you believe vaccinations should be mandatory for children in all schools? Why or why not?
Only completed applications will be considered. A completed application consists of:
- Completed application form
- Sealed official transcript (GPA 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale; 4.81 or higher on a 6.0 scale)
- Minimum 300 word essay (max 500 words) on ONE of the topics listed above.
- Community Service documentation (minimum 50 hours of documented service submitted via the application link on this website by March 22, 2019)
- Recent Photograph (jpeg format)
- Signed Waiver and Release
Note: A letter of recommendation from a sponsoring member of Mu Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. must accompany applications from students not attending Fort Bend ISD, Stafford Municipal School District or Lamar Consolidated ISD schools.
Complete the online JFT Scholarship Application Form.
Ask a parent/guardian to sign the 2019 JFT Scholarship Waiver, if under 18 yrs, and upload it to the application. All application materials MUST be electronically submitted by March 22, 2019.
Direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org