2021 Julia F. Thompson Scholarship Application
If you are a new scholarship applicant, please submit a 2021 Julia F. Thompson Scholarship Application by using the application below:
PLEASE NOTE: BEFORE you begin the 2021 scholarship application process, scroll down to the bottom of this page to preview your scholarship essay questions. You WILL NOT be able to submit your application if your essay is not uploaded and attached to your submission. Have your essay typed and ready to upload PRIOR to completing the application.
Provide charitable giving to improve the quality of life for individuals and families through leadership, mentoring, education, economic development and health/wellness in the Fort Bend County and Greater Houston Metropolitan area.
The Membership of Julia F. Thompson, Inc. is made up of a very diverse group of professional women from numerous business, community, educational, and civic sectors. JFT currently has approximately 500 volunteer members who are committed to providing the services and skills needed to accomplish the purposes of JFT.
- Applicants must be an African American or LatinX graduating high school senior in the Fort Bend or Greater Houston area.
- Applicants must have been accepted to a 4-year college as a full-time student and will be enrolled for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale or a 4.81 or higher on a 6.0 scale.
- Completed and signed application by April 19, 2021
- Two recommendation letters (school official and community leader)
- Official High School Transcript
- Community Service documentation of >50 hours
- Typed 300 – 500 word essay
- A recent photograph of applicant
Attach a brief essay (minimum of at least 300 words but not to exceed more than 500 words) on ONE of the following topics submitted via the application link by April 19, 2021.
- How are we “Better Together” and how can we celebrate our personal differences?
- Name three “survival tools” or skills that you feel will be necessary to successfully navigate your freshman year in college. Discuss how you will use each one.